Mothers are extraordinary. We grow new humans and keep them alive, whilst surviving on 34 minutes sleep a night. We love, we teach, we nurture and we multi-task like ninjas. But, finding the perfect balance of mothering and work can feel like an impossible dream and that’s because the system is failing us. Pregnant Then Screwed Live is a festival for parents who have been pushed out and pushed to the edge by employers who are incapable of seeing their brilliance. With sessions on flexible working, returnships, starting your own business, going self employed, childcare solutions, your legal rights, confidence building and writing a badass CV, the festival will bring together the funniest, most inspirational women we can find to help you navigate the minefield that is motherhood and work.
We will hear from:
- Mother Pukka, Queen of #flexappeal and celebrity blogger and vlogger
- Candice Braithwaite, Blackhood, Motherhood and Womanhood, founder of #teatime
- Gemma Metcalf, Entrepreneur and founder of Motherhood goods.
- Lauren Currie OBE, founder of #upfront - the confidence revolution.
- Alice and Phanella, The Step Up Club, career experts for modern women
- Katie Mulgrew, comedian, writer, mother and soap enthusiast.
- Plus many, many more.
Alongside workshops, presentations, panel discussions and interactive amusement, there will be an exhibition with organisations who can help you find work that works for you and one to one clinics you can book in advance to understand your legal rights, how to make a flexible working request, one to one confidence coaching, plus more to be announced.
Babies and children are very welcome to attend, we don’t have a creche but we will ensure there is a quiet space you can take your child to if everything feels a bit busy and we hope to have a film room. Obviously, everyone coming will have kids so you will be surrounded by understanding folks who can help you with buggy transportation, emergency poo explosions, sympathetic hugs etc.